Sunday, January 15, 2012

Getting Ready

It's Sunday evening, January 15, 2011. Our trip begins on Tuesday afternoon and, as usual, I've been packing in my head but nothing has made it anywhere near my suitcase yet.  In fact, we finally booked the hotels and cars today!  Yes, I am a major procrastinator!


Procrastination has nothing to do with sub-conscious fears about the trip, or of some sort of anticipation paralysis. I think I actually like the craziness that happens when you wait until the last minute to pull it all together.  It makes the excitement palpable.

This doesn't mean that I haven't created the complete packing list in my head, however, or that I haven't imagined every step of the itinerary.  I have wanted to visit the Holy Land "someday" since I first created my childhood list of "Things I want to do in my life."  A few years ago I heard that this is called a bucket list, but in 1970, it was a list of pipe dreams.


I found that list I wrote in my grandmother's house about ten years ago - thirty years after I wrote it.  I was amazed at how many of the things I had actually accomplished without even remembering that there was a physical list laying around somewhere. Score one point for visualization!



No comments:

Post a Comment